PRK 3663 Strategic media planning - RE-SIT EXAMINATION
Det tilbys kontinuasjonseksamen høsten 2021 og siste gang våren 2022.
Media planning is the task of a media or communication agency. A media planner's job is to find the best combination of media platforms to achieve the communication objectives.
The students should gain a holistic understanding of strategic media planning that includes both PR and market communication perspectives.
- Students will demonstrate analytical knowledge about the media landscape
- Students will be able to compare and evaluate different media platforms (paid, owned and earned) and how these interact
- Students should be able to describe and evaluate the qualitative and quantitative characteristics of media channels
- Students will gain an understanding of how media works, their functions and how they can be used
- Students will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of media consumption
- Students will be able to define communication goals, target groups and media channels
- Students will be able to report and explain choice of media channels
- Students will be able to explain the role of different media platforms in a media plan
- Students will have demonstrated an attitude of respect for the law and for society
- Appreciation of ethical behavior
- Intellectual curiosity in terms of emerging technologies
- Communication plan: The five steps of media planning
- Media use
- Target groups
- Goals and effects
- Communication idea
- Quantitative and qualitative characteristics of media channels
- Mobile marketing, apps, SEO and the use of social media
The course will include both traditional lectures and group works.
Gallup PC and IPSOS MMI.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there may be deviations in teaching and learning activities as well as exams, compared with what is described in this course description.
Kurset bygger på basiskurs fra de første årene av bachelorstudiet.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal examiner with external supervisor
Examination every semester
|100||No||1 Week(s)||Group/Individual (1 - 3)|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Grouping (size):||Group/Individual (1-3)|
|Exam code:||PRK 36631|
|Resit:||Examination every semester|
Prepare for teaching
Student's own work with learning resources
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.