MRK 3500 B2B marketing and sale - RE-SIT EXAMINATION
This course was lectured for the last time spring 2017. Re-sit examiniation is offered autumn 2017 and last time spring 2018.
B2B is a widely used international abbreviation for Business to Business. The course deals with sales and marketing when other companies and organizations are customers. Business market is considered to be greater than the consumer market internationally, and Norwegian companies have other businesses and organizations that customers in particular a large extent. Marketing and sales to businesses are often more complicated than for consumers and imposes special requirements. Personal sales and relationship development is considered to be particularly important when other companies are customers. In selling the concept included personal communications that actively achiev affected an existing or a future customer in the desired direction.
The students develop:
- Understanding of how public and private organizations buy goods and services.
- Understanding of the value concept as a basis for marketing strategy
- Knowledge of interorganizational relations and problems and opportunities at alternative levels of cooperation
- Knowledge of relationship marketing
- Understanding of professional sales and how to develop knowledge to succeed as a salesperson
- Knowledge of the special circumstances in business to business marketing (B2B marketing) that involves application of marketing theories within pricing, product strategy and market communication.
The students develop skills in:
- Analysis of the company and the customer in how to establish the optimum level of cooperation
- How to develop a relationship marketing programme
- How to develop the companys programme and strategies in all areas of business to business marketing as pricing, product management and market communication.
- Being able to visit potential customer and carry through a sales process
- Develop a sales plan that fulfils the sales managements activity objectives and skills in planning long-term customer relationships
- Applying it-based CRM systems (customer relationship management) in quantitative analysis of sales planning
The students will develop a professional and constructive approach to sales and marketing at the corporate market.
- Environmental management and corporate social responsibility
- The importance of interaction and cooperation is business markets
- Organizational buying behavior
- Understanding business relationships: Analysis, establishment and development of buyer-seller relations
- Segmentation in B2B marketing
- Product strategy and marketing of raw materials
- Price strategy and value based pricing
- Personal sales with introduction to CRM- systems
- The sales process and sales support systems
- Acquiring new customers
- Direct marketing in the B2B market
- Implementing CRM systems
- Sales management with CRM system
The course consists of a combination of lectures (33 hours) and exercises in use of a CRM system.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
MRK 3414 Marketing Management (or MRK 2914 Marketing) or equivalent.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination every semester
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
|Resit:||Examination every semester|
Teaching on Campus
Prepare for teaching
Group work / Assignments
Student's own work with learning resources
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.