MRK 3433 Marketing Communication 3.0
Communication is the core of most organizations. With a media landscape that is changing enterprises are facing new challenges in their efforts to reach new target groups and build relations with them. Therefore it is more important than ever that those who are planning the market communication of both today and tomorrow have an overall understanding of what form of communication will secure good interaction between the marketing and communication activities.
The students will acquire the understanding that in a new media landscape becomes more important to work towards a holistic approach to business marketing communications. It is about integration and parallelism to ensure good coordination between marketing and communications activities. Be it the organization driven brand and reputation building, they paid market activities as well as the unpaid where users are increasingly becoming premise for content.
• Have a detailed knowledge of the planning of marketing communications, including describing elements of the communications mix
• Have a basic understanding that a digital media landscape to new demands for integrated communication processes
• Know the planning of communication activities
• Be able to apply relevant communication theory to help your business reach their communication goals
• Be able to account for the different media channels individuality and characteristics, and identify which media channels and combinations of contact points when the target audience best
• Could contribute in planning, implementation and measurement of business communication processes
The students are to develop an ability to see ethical dilemmas, assess the consequences and focus on honesty and ethically responsible choices when planning and implementing marketing communication measures.
• Basic introduction to communication theories
• Target Options; identify and understand stakeholder
• Communication strategy, message development and planning
• Marketing Communication Tools
• Media channels, characteristics, properties and interactions of channels
• Power measurement and analysis of communication activities
The course consists of classroom teaching, group work and work on cases and assignments. The Facebook page for the course will be used as a pedagogical learning arena throughout the semester.
When course is delivered online, lecturer, in cooperation with the Academic Servises Network, will organize an appropriate combination of digital teaching and lectures. Online students are also offered a study guide to contribute to progression and overview. Total recommended time spent for completing the course also applies here.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
No particular prerequisite knowledge is required.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination every semester
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
|Resit:||Examination every semester|
Prepare for teaching
Group work / Assignments
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.