STR 1320 Strategy II
APPLIES TO ACADEMIC YEAR 2016/2017
STR 1320 Strategy II
Responsible for the course
Department of Strategy
According to study plan
Language of instruction
This course builds upon Strategy I and is about strategic development and implementation. The course explores leadership, change processes, and organization as important components of the strategy process.
During the course students shall:
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of strategy development and implementation
- Develop an understanding of a variety of levels of analysis in considering strategic problem-solving and the ability to analyze problems using case material and examples from different organizations
After the course students shall:
- Have an understanding of “process” and “action” perspectives in strategy
- Be able to evaluate different processes for strategy development and implementation and be able to consider strategic problems at various levels
Students should be able to appreciate and critically reflect upon and understand strategic problems and processes, including political, power, cultural and historical dimensions of strategy
The first and second year of the Bachelor’s Programme in Business and Economics and Strategy I from the third year, or equivalent.
Fjeldstad, Øystein D. og Randi Lunnan, red. 2014. Strategi. Fagbokforlaget. (Kapittel 4 og 10 - 15)
Erik Aadland. Artikkelsamling til STR 1320 Strategi II. Oversikt over artikler som inngår i artikkelsamlingen publiseres på Itslearning ved semesterstart
- Strategy development processes
- Strategy in action
- Strategic leadership, culture, power and change
- Strategy and organization
No specified computer-based tools are required.
Learning process and workload
The course is based on 45 hours of lectures and cases
Recommended use of hours:
|Lectures and caseeassignments||
|Work on the syllabus and preparations for lectures||
|Work on exercises||
|Preparation for the examination||
|Total recommended use of time||
A three hour individual written examination concludes the course.
STR 13201 - Written examination counts 100% towards the total grade in STR 1320 Strategy II, 7,5 credits.
Examination support materials
No support materials allowed.
Re-sit examination is offered every term.
© Copyright BI Norwegian Business School