APPLIES TO ACADEMIC YEAR 2015/2016
SPÅ 2912 Business communication in German - Oral
Responsible for the course
Department of Communication and Culture
According to study plan
Language of instruction
The course is an introduction to oral communication in German in a professional setting. It focusses on business issues and oral activities.
- Learn some strategies for conversations and talks in countries where German is spoken
- Get to know German business life and corporate culture
- Become familiar with some tasks in business life and business communication
- Be able to discuss some ethical and cultural dilemmas in business life
- To use strategies in conversations and talks in German
- Develop skills in German to participate actively in talks, discussions and negotiations
- Develop strategies and use and evaluate presentations
- Develop the ability to cooperate based on knowledge and language skills
- Develop the ability to reflect on attitudes in Norwegian and German business life
- Develop the ability set aims and obtain results
The students should
The students should be able
The students should
German from upper secondary school or equivalent.
Eismann, Volker. 2008. Wirtschaftskommunikation Deutsch. Langenscheidt
Frønsdal, Harald. 2000. Tysk grammatikk med øvinger. 5. utg. Cappelen akademisk forlag
Aske, Stian. 2005. Interkulturelle Wirtschaftskommunikation Norwegen - Deutschland : eine Pilotstudie. Masteroppgave i tysk - Universitetet i Bergen. UiB. 140 sider. Gratis elektronisk: https://bora.uib.no/handle/1956/1245
- Contracts, sale, marketing, product policy, opening of new markets
- Intercultural aspects
- Talks, discussions, negotiations
Internet, It's learning, Power Point
Learning process and workload
The course comprises 45 hours of classroom teaching (survey, transfer of knowledge), but mainly discussions in groups (exercises, practical work) and presentations (preparation for and performing presentations).
The students ought to make 3 presentations.
To be prepared for the teaching activities the student should follow the detailed progress plan that will be presented.
|Activity||Use of hours|
|Preparation for class||
|Preparation for presentations||
|Self-study and study groups||
|Preparation for the examination||
|Total recommended use of hours||
The oral exam (20 minutes) consists of two sections that are weighted equally. Candidates must achieve a passing grade in both sections to pass the exam. The two parts of the exam consist of:
1) An oral PowerPoint presentation (6 minutes). The subject should be coordinated with the lecturer.
2) Discussions about one or more subjects from the syllabus or cases by drawing lots
SPÅ 29121 - Oral examination accounts for 100% of the final grade in the course SPÅ 2912, 7,5 ECTS credits.
Examination support materials
A re-sit examination is held every term.