APPLIES TO ACADEMIC YEAR 2012/2013
EMS 2302 Real Estate Accountancy - RE-SIT EXAMINATION|
Responsible for the course
Janicke L Rasmussen
Department of Accounting - Auditing and Law
According to study plan
Language of instruction
This course will give the students a good working knowledge of the specific characteristics of real estate accountancy, including the handling and accounting of trust funds and the sale and settlement of real estate.
The 1st year of the Bachelor of Business Administration Program or equivalent.
Hagen, Line Taylor og Christina Lyngtveit , red. 2008. Oppgjør og oppgjørsrutiner : med føring i kundespesifikasjon og posteringssammendrag. 4. utg.. Oslo : Norges eiendomsmeglerforbund
Norges Eiendomsmeglerforbunds håndbok. Oslo: Norges Eiendomsmeglerforbund
Marie Brunes. 2009. Oppgavehefte EMS 2302. Oslo: Handelshøyskolen BI
Relevante lovtekster (Norges Lover, særtrykk m.v.)
1. Statements of account
- Calculations of fees and commissions
- Statement lay-out
- Pro & Contra
- Declarations of guarentee/limited mandate
- Final statement of accounts to vendor
- Redemption of liens and transfer of loan to new property
- Over-mortagaged properties
- Client accounts and payment of interest
2. Real Estate Accountancy
- Accountancy and reporting regulations pursuant to special legal provisions.
- Organizing the accounts in a real estate business.
- Accountancy for broker transactions, with a particular emphasis on settlement of real estate deals and trust funds
(client account ledger/client responsability)
The course is based on 52 hours of lectures.
A four-hour written examination concludes the course.
EMS 23021- written exam, which counts 100% of the grade in EMS 2302 Real Estate Accountancy, 6 credits.
Examination support materials
The Norwegian code of laws, law texts, draft bills and provisions. Handbook for The Norwegian Association of Real Estate Agents. Interest rate tables and a BI-approved exam calculator.
Exam aids at written examinations are explained under exam information in our web-based Student handbook. Please note use of calculator and dictionary. http://www.bi.edu/studenthandbook/examaids.
This course will be lectured for the last time autumn 2010. Re-sit exam will be offered every term from autumn 2011 even spring 2013.
© Copyright BI Norwegian Business School