ELE 3714 Human Resource Management - RE-SIT EXAMINATION
The course was last completed in the autumn of 2021. A last re-sit examination will be offered in the autumn of 2022.
"Our employees are our greatest asset "is a statement often encountered. What does it mean, and how is it organised to ensure visibility in the organisation? The course will provide an overview of HR management and HR roles and responsibilities in today's workplace. This includes all levels of management. Criteria for the good working environment, personnel, recruitment policies, motivation, knowledge goals, learning, attitudes, and training will be key topics of the course. The course also includes laws, agreements, social conditions and labour law.
After completed course student shall:
- Have acquired a overview of important principles and tasks of modern personnel management.
- Have acquired knowledge on various management tools in personnel management.
- Have knowledge of relevant laws, agreements and social conditions that affect the management of staff.
After the course students shall:
- Be more aware of their own behavior as personnel manager
- Be able to use tools that are reviewed in the course of the exercise of personnel management
- See the value in being able to develop itself as a leader
- See the potential in utilizing the forces and development opportunities for the individual employee and the organization as a whole.
- Principles and practice in modern human resource management
- Development of the human resource function
- Human resource policy
- Learning, competence and career development
- Compensation, salary and rewards
- Work environment, health and safety
- Appraisal interviews
- Recruitment and selection
- Social benefits
- Ethics, labour law and human resource management
The course is a combination of lectures, case-and group and plenary discussions.
In course delivery as online courses, lecturer will, in collaboration with the student administration, organize an appropriate course implementation, combining different learning activities and digital elements on the learning platform. Online students are also offered a study guide that will contribute to progression and overview. Total recommended time spent for completing the course also applies here.
For electives re-sit is normally offered at the next scheduled course. If an elective is discontinued or is not initiated in the semester it is offered, re-sit will be offered in the electives ordinary semester.
ORG 3402 Organizational Behavior and Leadership or equivalent or work experience.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
Feedback activities and counselling
Prepare for teaching
Student's own work with learning resources
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.