ELE 3709 Project Management
The course will give an introduction to project management. The students will be given an understanding of what a project is and a foundation for planning, organizing and controlling projects. The course will further develop the students knowledge about the problems of project work and will, by the help of theory and practical examples, show how to plan, organize, manage and control a project to achieve the goals set.
During the course student shall:
- Obtain knowledge about how to start, plan, organize, manage risk, manage stakeholders, follow up, and terminate a project.
- Understand the role of projects in developing a private or public organization.
- Be familiar with project management language, processes, techniques and methods.
- Understand that there are many different types of projects, which may be treated differently.
After comleted course students:
- Will be able to use several project management tools and techniques, for example: milestone planning, network planning, risk analysis and stakeholder analysis.
- Will be able to take an active part in projects.
The students should be able to reflect on the ethical problems associated with the organization of projects. Further the students will be able to understand what it means to participate in a project team and show respect for other team members knowledge, opinions, roles and personality.
- What is a project and project work
- Strategy and project management
- Selection and defining the project
- Time planning
- Cost and quality planning
- Organizational structures and teamwork
- Risk management||
- Project leadership and management
- Stakeholder management
- Project control
- Scope management
- Contract administration
- Project completion and success evaluation
The course consists of lectures, casestudies, discussions and self-tuition. Reading the syllabus and taking part in casestudies and discussions are mandatory.
The students will use Microsoft Project.
For electives re-sit is normally offered at the next scheduled course. If an elective is discontinued or is not initiated in the semester it is offered, re-sit will be offered in the electives ordinary semester.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification
Completed 1st year of bachelor's programme or equivalent.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
|Course code||Credit reduction|
|Course code:||ELE 3725|
This course overlaps with a group of subjects in the Norwegian course "Prosjektledelse" (7,5 credits) and the specialization course "Project Management" (15 credits). Consequently a combination of these courses can not be approved in a Bachelor's degree.
Student's own work with learning resources
Group work / Assignments
Group work / Assignments
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.