MAN 5140 Management of Learning and Change II
|MAN 5141 - første semester|
|MAN 5142 - andre semester|
Through this program you learn how you as school manager can work to increase pupils’ learning. You will also learn about change management, the importance of management, and relevant legal and regulatory framework. The program is developed for KS (The Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities).
The program will give the candidates advanced knowledge about:
• The importance of management and leadership
• Relational management and managment of knowledge organisations
• Legal and regulatory framework for school managers, including the pupil’s right to a good school environment, §§9A3-5, the violation concept, the pupil’s right to be heard, and hiring
After completion of the program the candidate will be able to analyse professional problems and challenges against a backdrop of the Norwegian school system’s history, traditions, and characteristics.
After completion of the program the candidate is able to
• Lead the school toward an ever more advanced and competent knowledge organisation
• Evaluate in a critical and constructive manner new knowledge and information about school development
The candidate is able to focus debate about school development, including resource allocation, organisation and work forms, around children’s learning and development. The candidate will have knowledge, courage and will to partake in the debate about school development internally as well as externally.
- Analysis of pupils’ data
- Teacher cooperation with its point of departure in pupils’ data
- Teacher cooperation for increased quality in learning
- Learning organisations
- Communication in teams
- Digital communication
- The digital information society
- Relationships in teams
- Understanding one’s own role in a team
- Team analysis and culture in teams
- Project management
The programme is carried out over four two-day modules. Between modules students will be provided extensive use of net-based exercises such that the total number of teaching hours comes to 75. The programme is based on a “blended learning” concept, i.e. a teaching method in which modules and net-based learning represent the two major teaching forms. Consequently, teaching to a great extent gives scope for adjustments in time and self-study of the syllabus.
In programmes where there is obligatory attendance, it is the responsibility of the student to access information made available at the lectures when this is not available on the programme’s homepage /Its learning or other course material.
The programme requires access to a PC/Mac. It’s learning is a central learning platform for the teaching. Students will also be using other digital tools
Dette kurset har overlappende emner med programmet "Ledelse i skolen" og programmet "Ledelse og omstilling i skolen". For studenter som tar sikte på å ta en Master of Management grad er det viktig å være klar over at overlappende kurs ikke kan inngå i graden, jfr. UHL § 3-5.
Ved for eksempel samlinger utenlands eller ved gjesteforelesere, så kan deler av undervisningen foregå på engelsk.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree – 180 study points/credits – from a college, university or the equivalent. .
- You are at least 25 years of age.
- You have four years of work experience fulltime. For applicants who have a Master’s degree, the requirement is three years.
Bachelor degree or equivalent and 4 years of work experience. Please consult our student regulations.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||No||1 Semester(s)||Group/Individual (1 - 3)||Students are evaluated through a term paper. The term paper can be written in groups of up to 2 students. The period provided for this is 4 weeks. The maximum number of pages is 25, including references and attachments.|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Grouping (size):||Group/Individual (1-3)|
|Comment:||Students are evaluated through a term paper. The term paper can be written in groups of up to 2 students. The period provided for this is 4 weeks. The maximum number of pages is 25, including references and attachments.|
|Exam code:||MAN 51401|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
|Course code||Credit reduction|
|Course code:||MAN 5148|
|Course code:||MAN 3127/3128/3129/3130|
|Course code:||MAN 3131/3132/3133/3134|
|Course code:||MAN 5133|
|Course code:||MAN 3135/3136/3137/3138|
|Course code:||MAN 5167|
Sperre mot tilsvarende kurs og programmer - 1. året i EMM med spesialisering i skoleledelse.
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 15 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 400 hours.