EMS 3642 Real Estate Law III
The students will acquire knowledge about the legal regulation of the real estate business.
The aim of the course Real Estate Law, Part III is for students to learn about rules for different forms of ownership and thorough knowledge of the law of particular importance for the operation and sale of real estate.
Students should have sufficient knowledge of the topics covered by the field. The terms knowledge, a thorough knowledge and understanding indicates the academic level required. The most extensive knowledge is required where the term understanding is used.
- Students will have an understanding of company law provisions of importance to the organization of real estate enterprises.
- Students should be familiar with relevant regulations governing the working conditions in the real estate business.
- Students will have an understanding of the rules on different types of monetary claims, the settlement of monetary claims, as well as the limitation of monetary claims.
- Students will also have an understanding of how various creditors to secure their claims in real estate including through charges and bail. In addition, students have an understanding of the rules on registration of documents relating to real estate.
- Students should be familiar with the rules on enforcement, debt negotiation and bankruptcy. It requires an understanding of the rules on the forced sale of residential properties.
- Students should be familiar with the environmental and environmental rules that are relevant to the sale of real estate.
The course aim of Real Estate Law, Part III is for students to be familiar with the legal rules of different ownership capital, organization, access to the transfer of interest as well as organizational changes.
- Students will have an understanding of company law provisions on the organization of real estate enterprises.
- To be an employer or employee in the real estate business, the students should have knowledge of relevant rules on working conditions. Among other because real estate agents need to understand the settlement, the students have an understanding of selected claims legal questions, as well as different rules about safety and security in connection with real estate financing and collection of claims, including bankruptcy.
- Based on the study other subjects, students will be able to design contracts that are used in connection with real estate.
In order to perform their duties in a manner that safeguards the interests involved in a property transaction, a real estate agent for ethical reflection and attitude as well as solid professional knowledge of the legal subject areas covered in the course.
1. Organizational law
The legal rules for various forms of ownership concerning capital, organizational structure, the right of conveyance of interests, and organizational changes.
2. Labour legislation
Legal rules applicable between the parties in employment relationships.
3. Law of negotiable instruments
The content of monetary claims, simple claims, debt instruments, negotiable debt instruments, settlement of monetary claims, limitation, guarantees.
4. Security interest
Establishment of mortgage law, legal protection rules, etc.
5. Title registration law
Title registration legislation, including regulation of title registration.
Study of the practical implementation of title registration, coordinated with the program's study of the practical real estate business.
6. Legal enforcement
The legal rules on legal enforcement, debt negotiations and bankruptcy, including rules concerning the position of real estate during legal enforcement, debt negotiations and bankruptcy.
7. Nature and environmental law
Regulation on the protection of nature and environment.
The course is carried out though two semesters:
- EMS 3643 Real Estate Law III, 1. semester - autumn
- EMS 3644 Real Estate Law III, 2. semester - spring
As part of the teaching programme the students could be divided into small discussion groups and will work on assignments associated with each topic. The assignments will be discussed and reviewed in class after the discussion group work. The lecture form of teaching requires that the students before each lecture have studied the syllabus and the rules of law for the topic in question. The students are required to bring the code of laws and other study aids to the lectures and become familiar with them while studying the various topics. Parts of the syllabus must be studied through self-tuition.
Students will have the opportunity to submit a written work for correction and feedback.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
EMS 3416 Law and Real Estate. JUR 3420 Business Law or JUR 3430 Marketing Law or JUR 3631 Marketing Law and Ethics.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination every semester
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
|Resit:||Examination every semester|
Other in classroom
Prepare for teaching
Student's own work with learning resources
Group work / Assignments
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 15 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 400 hours.