APPLIES TO ACADEMIC YEAR 2012/2013
EXC 2602 Direct Marketing - RE-SIT EXAMINATION|
Responsible for the course
Department of Marketing
According to study plan
Language of instruction
Direct marketing and database marketing are among the fastest growing fields within marketing. The extensive use of IT to develop customer-supplier relations provides a totally new set of tools for the marketer than the traditional tools known from mass marketing.
The goal of the course is to give students with a solid background from marketing a profound knowledge of how you market directly without the use of intermediaries. To learn the strategies, rules, and the procedures that are special to direct marketing. A special goal is to teach students how to use marketing systems in the management of customer communication.
Basic course in Marketing or equivalent.
Evans, Martin, Lisa O’Malley and Maurice Patterson. 2004. Exploring direct and relationship marketing. 2nd ed. London : Thomson
Collection of articles:
Kunøe, Gorm red.. 2005. Artikkelsamling/Collection of articles: Direct Marketing and Database Marketing. Oslo: Handelshøyskolen BI.
The collection consists:
1. Barwise, Patrick. 2002. “Permission-Based Mobile Advertising”. Journal of Interactive Marketing. Vol 16/ No.1/ Winter. (10 pages)
2. Dommeyer, Curt J. og Gross, Barbara L. 2003. “What Consumers Know and What They Do: An Investigation of Consumer Knowledge, Awareness, and Use of Privacy Protection Strategies”. Journal of Interactive Marketing. Vol 17/ No. 2/ Spring (17 pages)
3. Gupta, Sunil og Lehmann, Donald R. 2003. ”Customers As Assets. Journal of Interactive Marketing. Vol 17/ No. 1/ Winter (15 pages)
4. Heilman, Carrie M., Kaefer, Fredrick og Ramenofsky, Samuel D. 2003. Determimining the Appropriate Amount of Data for Classifying Consumers for Direct marketing Purposes”. Journal of Interactive Marketing. Vol 17/ No. 3/ Summer (23 pages)
5. Mathwick, Charla. 2002. ”Understanding the online Consumer: A Typology of Online Relational Norms and Behavior”. Journal of Interactive Marketing. Vol 16/ No. 1/ Winter (15 pages)
6. Montoya-Weiss, Mitzi M., Voss, Glenn B. Og Grewal, Dhruv. 2003.”Determinants of Online Channels Use and Overall Satisfaction With a Relational Multichannel Service Provider”. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. Vol. 31, No. 4. (10 pages)
Stone, Bob and Ron Jacobs. 2008. Successful direct marketing methods. 8th ed. New York : McGraw-Hill
Computer-based tools are crucial in direct marketing. The use of data tools in direct marketing is taught specifically.
The course will be taught through 36 hours of lectures and the students' own teamwork..
A three-hour individual written examination completes the course.
EXC 26021 - written examination, which accounts for 100% of the grade in EXC 2602 Direct Marketing, 6 credits.
Examination support materials
No support materials are allowed except one bilingual dictionary.
Support materials permitted at written examiniations are explained under exam information in our web-based Student handbook. Please note use of calculator and dictionary. http://www.bi.edu/studenthandbook/examaids
Due to changes in our Bachelor Programmes from the autumn semester of 2009, there also will be changes in every single course. This course was taught for the last time in the spring semester of 2011. A re-sit exam will be offered every term including the spring semester of 2013.
© Copyright BI Norwegian Business School