GRA 6442 Internship for MSc in Strategic Marketing Management
The internship is an opportunity to work full-time at a company during the studies. As a participant in the internship programme, you have been selected to work at a specific company based on both what the company is seeking and your Master specialization. The internship will give you valuable insights in real-world challenges in the broad area of marketing, and should help you in applying your academic learning toward increasing organizational effectiveness and growth.
- Knowledge of key practical dilemmas of the everyday work in the company
- Knowledge of the formal management systems in the company
- Knowledge of the workday challenges towards time and efficiency and employee development
- Ability to define and execute marketing related tasks under conditions of uncertainty and change
- Ability to support suggestions for practical solutions with academically sound analysis (theories and methods from your MSc programme)
- Ability to collaborate and to work in teams
- Learning not to take anything at face value and to defer judgement
- Understanding the complexities of mobilizing people toward organizational effectiveness
- Being open to ideas from a variety of perspectives, and being able to think in an informed manner about ethical dilemmas in marketing and marketing communication
Students will work for a minimum of 8 weeks in a selected company and the tasks are assigned by each company. By the end of the internship the student will write a paper related to the internship. Each student is entitled to a maximum of three hours supervision on the term paper.
As part of this course, it is compulsory to participate in an employability course.
The internship may be paid or unpaid.
The duration of the internship is 8 weeks minimum, full time and a completed and approved internship will give 12 ECTS credits.
Students must attend work as agreed upon with the company they are assigned to and write a paper towards the end of the internship.
All courses in the Masters programme will assume that students have fulfilled the admission requirements for the programme. In addition, courses in second, third and/or fourth semester can have spesific prerequisites and will assume that students have followed normal study progression. For double degree and exchange students, please note that equivalent courses are accepted.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||No||1 Semester(s)||Individual||Term paper. Students submit a company evaluation together with their term paper.|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Comment:||Term paper. Students submit a company evaluation together with their term paper.|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 12 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 320 hours.