GRA 2260 Internship for MSc in Business
THIS COURSE WILL BE OFFERED AS A RE-SIT EXAMINATION ONLY IN SPRING 2023.
BI Internship is an opportunity to work full-time in a company/organization as a part of your studies. BI Internship provides the opportunity to gain practical experience in your particular field of study. It will give you valuable insights in real-world challenges in the broad area of businessl and within the major you are studying. An internship should help you in applying your academic learnings in an empirical setting.
NB. In order to get a BI Internship approved as part of the degree, the student needs to apply according to BI’s procedures and submit a valid Learning Contract prior to starting his/her internship and in due time before the deadline.
The student shall demonstrate the following competencies after the internship:
- Knowledge of key practical dilemmas arising in the everyday work in the company
- Knowledge of the formal management systems in the company
- Knowledge of challenges towards time management, efficiency and customer service
- Ability to define and execute tasks under conditions of uncertainty and change.
- Ability to support suggestions for practical solutions with academically sound analysis.
- Ability to collaborate and to work in teams
- Learn not take anything at face value and to defer judgement
- Understanding of the complexities of the market forces that drive business
- Openness to ideas from a variety of perspectives
Students will work full time for a minimum of 8 weeks in a company or organization. The internship may be paid or unpaid. Tasks are assigned by the company/organization and students must attend work as agreed upon.
Students are also expected to participate in the following activities:
- Online employability course prior to the application process– compulsory
- Individual supervision – up to three hours
- Internship kick-off session – up to 1 hour
- Term paper guidance session – up to 1 hour
- Reflection seminar – up to 4 hours
For further information about the application process, links to the Learning Contract and the Career Portal where BI Internship positions are posted, and relevant dates/resources regarding the BI Internship course, please visit the Student Portal.
- The internship is for 8 weeks, full time. A completed, approved internship will give 12 ECTS credits only when the student has passed the term paper.
- Each student must write a term paper individually.
- Students must attend work as agreed upon with the company they are assigned to and write a paper towards the end of the internship.
All courses in the Masters programme will assume that students have fulfilled the admission requirements for the programme. In addition, courses in second, third and/or fourth semester can have specific prerequisites and will assume that students have followed normal study progression. For double degree and exchange students, please note that equivalent courses are accepted.
Deviations in teaching and exams may occur if external conditions or unforeseen events call for this.
Students must be enrolled in the MSc in Business programme. The internship takes place in the third semester. A good study progress and results are a minimum requirement for participation. Additional requirements will be announced at the start of each internship recruitment period.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Examination next semester, thereafter when next scheduled course
|100||No||2 Month(s)||Individual||Term paper. Students submit a company evaluation together with their term paper.|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Comment:||Term paper. Students submit a company evaluation together with their term paper.|
|Resit:||Examination next semester, thereafter when next scheduled course|
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 12 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 320 hours.