GRA 2206 Internship for MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology
The internship is an opportunity to work full-time at a company during the studies. As a participant in the internship programme, you have been selected to work at a specific company based on both what the company is seeking and your Master specialization. The internship will give you valuable insights in real-world challenges in the broad area of human resource management, and should help you in applying your academic learning toward increasing organizational effectiveness and growth .
The student shall demonstrate the following competencies after the internship:
- Knowledge of key practical dilemmas of the everyday work in the company
- Knowledge of the formal management systems in the company
- Knowledge of the workday challenges towards time and efficiency and employee development
- Ability to define and execute tasks under conditions of uncertainty and change.
- Ability to support suggestions for practical solutions with academically sound analysis.
- Ability to collaborate and to work in teams
- Learn not take anything at face value and to defer judgement
- Understanding of the complexities of mobilizing people toward organizational effectiveness
- Openness to ideas from a variety of perspectives
Students will work for 8 weeks in a selected company and the tasks are assigned by each company. By the end of the internship the student will write a paper related to the internship. Each student is entitled to a maximum of three hours supervision on the term paper.
As part of this course, it is compulsory to participate in an employability course.
The internship may be paid or unpaid.
The duration of the internship is 8 weeks, full time and a completed and an approved internship will give 12 ECTS credits.
Students must attend work as agreed upon with the company they are assigned to. Write a paper towards the end of the internship.
All courses in the Masters programme will assume that students have fulfilled the admission requirements for the programme. In addition, courses in second, third and/or fourth semester can have spesific prerequisites and will assume that students have followed normal study progression. For double degree and exchange students, please note that equivalent courses are accepted.
The internship takes place in the third semester. A good study progress and results are a requirement for participation.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||No||2 Month(s)||Individual||Term paper. Students submit a company evaluation together with their term paper.|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Comment:||Term paper. Students submit a company evaluation together with their term paper.|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 12 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 320 hours.