BIK 6700 Project Management 1
This course is held in english, and is a paralell to BIK 6600. If students can follow lectures in Norwegian, they can combine this course with BIK 6601 Project Management 2 (PL 2): 7,5 credits and BIK 6510 Project Management 3 (PL 3): 15 credits.
The bachelor program in project management consists of three courses, where each course builds on the previous one. Students should follow the progression through the program (Project Management 1 before Project Management 2, and Project Management 1 and 2 before Project Management 3). When all three courses of the program are completed, they are seen as equal to the 30 credits bachelor program or as an optional specialization in the bachelor program.
Center of Distance Education will offer this program.
By the end of course the student should:
- have basic knowledge of salient topics and problems within project management, concerning management, planning, organizing, execution, control, and termination of project
- have knowledge of basic concepts within the subject
- have the ability to keep oneself updated on vital knowledge within the subject
By the end of the course the student should:
- be able to draw up mission and goals for a project
- be able to use a milestone plan to plan a project
- be able to organize a project by the help of responsibility chartsand the assignment of roles, responsibilities and authorities
- be able to write a discursive text on a project
By the end of the course the student should:
- be able to communicate with others on professional matters withing the subject of project management
- be able to contribute to the development of good practice within the field by exchanging viewpoints and experiences
- have an understanding of the complexity of project work and own contribution
- Project concept (characteristics of a project, pitfalls of project work, daily project work)
- The goals and limitations of a project
- Project planning, with focus on milestone planning
- Project organizing (actors and responsibilities, the functioning of the project organization, responsibility charts)
- Project control (methods for project control, project control on different levels, project monitoring)
The course consists over one semester. The teaching will consists of lectures, itslearning, group discussions and project thesis supervision. The course will be given by Center for Distance Education as a combination of seminars and use.
More specifically, the course will be given as 8 units, each unit consisting of one net lecture, videos and case work combined with short assignments to be handed in. Students will get feedback on their assignments and there will be discussion forums to follow up on assignments. The assignments are not graded.
One workshop day at campus is planned mid-term where student can meet up, discuss subjects, their assignments with the teacher and fellow students. The workshop day will be streamed for the members of class that cannot participate.
The text book by Andersen is the English version of the textbook currently used, in Norwegian, in PL-1.
The chapters selected from Larson, Clifford and Gray corresponds with chapters «Verdiskapende prosjektledelse" by Skyttermoen and Vaagaasar (also used currently in PL 1). «Verdiskapende prosjektledelse» is not published in English.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
There are no specific prerequisites needed to be accepted to the program. It is considered a prerequisite that the students follow the progression through the program.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||No||1 Semester(s)||Group/Individual (1 - 3)|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Grouping (size):||Group/Individual (1-3)|
|Exam code:||BIK 67001|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
|Workload activity||Duration||Type of duration||Comment student effort|
|Self study||158||Hour(s)||A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours|
|Workload activity:||Self study|
|Comment:||A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours|
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.
|Course code||Credit reduction|
|Course code:||BIK 6600|
|Andersen, Erling S.; Grude, Kristoffer V.; Haug, Tor||2009||Goal directed project management: effective techniques and strategies||4th ed||Kogan Page||(285 p.).|
|Larson, Erik W.; Gray, Clifford F.||2018||Project management: the managerial process||7th ed||McGraw-Hill Education||kap. 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 16, (231 p. in total).|