PRK 3663 Strategic media planning
Media planning is the task of a media or communication agency. A media planner's job is to find the best combination of media platforms to achieve the communication objectives.
The students should gain a holistic understanding of strategic media planning that includes both PR and market communication perspectives.
- Students will demonstrate analytical knowledge about the media landscape
- Students will be able to compare and evaluate different media platforms (paid, owned and earned) and how these interact
- Students should be able to describe and evaluate the qualitative and quantitative characteristics of media channels
- Students will gain an understanding of how media works, their functions and how they can be used
- Students will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of media consumption
- Students will be able to define communication goals, target groups and media channels
- Students will be able to report and explain choice of media channels
- Students will be able to explain the role of different media platforms in a media plan
- Students will have demonstrated an attitude of respect for the law and for society
- Appreciation of ethical behavior
- Intellectual curiosity in terms of emerging technologies
- Communication plan: Strategies and tactics
- Integrated communication: PR and market communication
- The five steps of media planning
- Media use
- Target groups
- Goals and effects
- Communication idea
- Quantitative and qualitative characteristics of media channels
- Evaluation and budgeting
The course will include both traditional lectures and group works.
Gallup PC and IPSOS MMI.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
Kurset bygger på basis-kurs fra de første årene av bachelorstudiet.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal examiner with external supervisor
Examination every semester
|100||No||1 Week(s)||Group/Individual (1 - 3)|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Grouping (size):||Group/Individual (1-3)|
|Exam code:||PRK 36631|
|Resit:||Examination every semester|
Teaching on Campus
Prepare for teaching
Student's own work with learning resources
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.