MRK 3433 Marketing Communication
Changes happen every single day. Technology development and changes in communication and media habits affect decision-making to customers and the company's other stakeholders. Several media channels and increased use of communication technology make it important for businesses to develop a market communication plan that ensure that the right message reach the right target market in the right channels. Digital channels also provide more people with better opportunities to participate. It affects how the business itself must communicate. Dialogue becomes more important than monologue. More important than ever before, is it therefore that the people responsible for developing the market communication plan of today and the future must have a comprehensive understanding of communication that ensures a good interaction between market and communication activities. This includes the organization-driven brand and reputation building, the paid market activities as well as the unpaid activities where users increasingly become the premier of the content.
After completion of the course, students will have:
- In-depth knowledge of communication planning processes including describing the elements of the communication mix
- Knowledge of how a fragmented media landscape poses new demands on business communication processes
- Understanding of interaction between digital and traditional media channels
After completing the course, students can:
- Develop a simple market communication plan
- Identify relevant communication theory to help the business reach its communication goals
- Explain the specialities and characteristics of the different media channels "contribute to the work of planning, implementation and measurement of the business communication processes
The students are to develop an ability to see ethical dilemmas, assess the consequences and focus on honesty and ethically responsible choices when planning and implementing marketing communication measures.
- Technology development, media patterns and communication habits
-Role and variables of market communication
- Communication Audiences: identufy and understand the business stakeholders
- Target group processing of information
- Communication development: strategy, message development and planning
-Media strategy and media channels, characteristics and characteristics
- The Market Communicator Toolbox, Communication mix and tools
- Measurement of communication effect
The course consists of classroom teaching, group work and work on cases and assignments. The Facebook page for the course will be used as a pedagogical learning arena throughout the semester.
In course delivery as online courses, lecturer will, in collaboration with the student administration, organize an appropriate course implementation, combining different learning activities and digital elements on the learning platform. Online students are also offered a study guide that will contribute to progression and overview. Total recommended time spent for completing the course also applies here.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
No particular prerequisite knowledge is required.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination every semester
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
|Resit:||Examination every semester|
Teaching on Campus
Prepare for teaching
Group work / Assignments
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.