FAK 2625 Motor Insurance
The course will give a broad introduction to the topic motor vehicle insurance. Mandatory in authorization of claims handlers dealing with motor vehicle damages and insurance advisors regarding private property insurance.
The students shall obtain essential knowledge of insurance terms and rules and regulations concerning motor insurance.
This course will give students ability to give advice in most topics related to insurance terms and insurance law concerning motor insurance. The students will also know how to use this knowledge in claims handling.
During the course, the students should have acquired a conscious attitude to the fact that their professional choices and advises first and foremost are of importance for other people than themselves.
The Insurance Contract/ The Insurance Contracts Act
- Regulation regarding formation of contract, premium rating and claims handling. Duty of disclosure, Insurance certificate, limitations, limitation period/ cancellations, complaint handlings, complaint boards, fraud.
Terms regarding Motor Insurance
- Terms regulation regarding who is insured, what is insured, where is the insurance valid.
- Terms regulation regarding what kind of damages is covered/not covered, limitations, special types of coverage.
- Regulations regarding claims handling.
Motor vehicle liability
- Motor Vehicle liability Act.
- Rules and regulation.
- Limitations and regulations regarding damage caused by unknown or uninsured vehicle.
- Rules and regulations regarding accomplish liability by the claimant and regulation regarding collisions.
Ratings and risk factors regarding Motor Insurance
- Central principles of rating, including rating of due to location, mileage, minimum age- high risk, types of insurance and safety measures.
- Elements of risk regarding liability insurance and comprehensive insurance. -Calculation of premium .
- Bonus scheme, methods of bonus allocation.
- Philosophy of loss preventioni
- Road safety
Leisure boat insurance
- Terms, regulations and ratings
- Standard policy conditions
Organized as E-Learning based on self-tuition and 4 send-ins (not mandatory).
Intensive three-days seminars are organized but participation is not mandatory.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification
The student needs basic knowledge of the Norwegian Insurance Industry. The courses Introduction to Insurance or similar should be completed. Experience from work in the Insurance Indusstry is an important source of understanding as well.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Support materials||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||Yes||4 Hour(s)||Individual||4 hours individual written exam. If used for Authorization the candidate must obtain at least grade C.|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Support materials:|| |
|Comment:||4 hours individual written exam. If used for Authorization the candidate must obtain at least grade C.|
|Exam code:||FAK 26251|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
Teaching on Campus
Student's own work with learning resources
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.