BTH 3211 Bachelor Thesis - Digital Marketing
This bachelor thesis will, in combination with the course BST 32x1 Digital Marketing (15 credits) represent a specialization in the field of 30 credits. Students at the Bachelor's degree in Marketing Management and Retail Management that has this combination will be writing on specialization in their final diploma.
The thesis is a major independent study where students will show that they can relate to a theme and take overall responsibility to analyze this in a good way. The thesis is an obligatory part of the program. Thesis is written individually or in groups of up to three students, where the group is recommended.
- Understands how to complete an independent study in a specified time period
- Acquires knowledge about digital marketing within the thesis's topic, supported by relevant text books, scientific articles and other materials
- Understands scientific requirement to form and content in a thesis.
- Can identify and choose relevant theories and methods in digital marketing appropriate for the topic in the thesis
- Uses theories and methods in digital marketing to analyze data
- Collects, evaluate, and critically interprets collected data relevant for the thesis's research question
- Writes a well-structured thesis with a logical flow
- Has the ability to critically reflect upon problems in digital marketing from different viewpoints
- Is aware about ethical problems in digital marketing.
The topic of the thesis is chosen by the students, and must be connected to digital marketing. More specified requirements could be announced in the beginning of the course period.
Students are expected to take personal responsibility for the thesis. This responsibility requires counseling and seminars, where students meet prepared for discussions and guidance.
Students will fill out a registration form where the theme of the thesis is stated. Then the students are assigned a supervisor. The course is conducted over one semester and includes seminars and guidance meetings. Please see guidelines for writing Bachelor thesis.
The course includes four seminars. For each seminar, students normally prepare and present, and / or submit material in advance. Seminar instruction is mandatory. Individual students who have not participated in the seminars and / or has not supplied documentation must expect to be invited for an oral hearing.
In addition, each group is offered up to 3 hours of individual supervision.
Quantitative analysis software relevant to the thesis, will be Qualtrics, SPSS or JMP. Google Analytics and/or other tools will also be neceassary given the thesis's topic.
Two years of college education in economics and business administration, marketing or equivalent is required for taking the course.
Students must have basic knowledge of marketing management, consumer behavior and social science methods. Students must also have completed the specialization course in digital marketing.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||No||1 Semester(s)||Group/Individual (1 - 3)|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Grouping (size):||Group/Individual (1-3)|
|Exam code:||BTH 32111|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
Other in classroom
Other in classroom
Teaching on Campus
Prepare for teaching
Group work / Assignments
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 15 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 400 hours.