BIK 6601 Project Management 2
BIK 6601 Project Management 2
Bachelor Program in Project Management consists of three courses, where each course builds on the previous one. It is taken as a prerequisite that the students follow the progression through the program (Project Management 1 before Project Management 2, and Project Management 1 and 2 before Project Management 3). After completion of all three courses the program will be accepted as a 30 credits Bachelor Program or as an optional specialization as part of the Bachelor Program.
In addition to the regional colleges, Center of Distance Education will offer this program with its own specific teaching.
The courses of the program:
- BIK 6600 Project Management 1 (PL 1): 7,5 credits
- BIK 6601 Project Management 2 (PL 2): 7,5 credits
- BIK 6510 Project Management 3 (PL 3): 15 credits
The course builds on BIK 6600 Project Management 1. The compulsory literature from that course is still of relevance. In this course BIK 6601 Project Management 2 the emphasis will be on organizing, planning, analysis, reporting, communication and quality in project work.
The learning outcomes for BIK 6600 Project Management 1 are valid also for BIK 6601 Project Management 2. In addition we have the following learning outcomes:
By the end of the course the student will have developed the following knowledge outcomes:
- have more in-depth knowledge of organizing, planning, analyzing, reporting, communication and quality of project work
- have basic knowledge on human cooperation in all phases of project work
- have basic knowledge on quality assurance of a project
- understand that there are many different types of projects, which may be treated differently
- have insight into research and development work within the field of project management
By the end of the course the student will have developed the following skills outcomes:
- be able to conduct and use a stakeholder analysis
- be able to do detail planning of a project
By the end of the course the student will have developed the following value/attitudes outcomes:
- be able to contribute to the development of a project organizational culture within own enterprise through exchange of viewpoints and experiences
- Different kinds of projects
- The project life cycle and its phases
- Stakeholder analysis
- Project planning, especially network planning
- The project manager
- Project organizing, especially team and leadership
- Quality assurance of projects
- Project culture
The course consists over one semester. The teaching will consists of lectures, itslearning and groupdiscussions.
Some of the courses demonstration of computer-tools might take place.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification
There are no specific prerequisites needed to be accepted to the program. It is considered a prerequisite that the students follow the progression through the program.
|Exam category||Weight||Invigilation||Duration||Grouping||Comment exam|
Form of assessment:
Internal and external examiner
Examination when next scheduled course
|100||No||72 Hour(s)||Individual||The students are evaluated through a 72 hours individual home exam.|
|Form of assessment:||Written submission|
|Comment:||The students are evaluated through a 72 hours individual home exam.|
|Exam code:||BIK 66011|
|Resit:||Examination when next scheduled course|
A course of 1 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of 26-30 hours. Therefore a course of 7,5 ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of at least 200 hours.